Monday, June 17, 2013

Martha wilson


I think it’s always interesting and insightful to see or hear what people think about themselves. In the video of Martha applying makeup, she showed insecurity while applying age.
Martha talked about not wanting to show her teeth and at one point says what she’s doing is embarrassing. Now in her present work, “She has become her own worse nightmare” but obviously from her work she is in acceptance. This acceptance of change and insecurities doesn’t just happen.
 Her documentation of her hair graying after dying it, caused me to wish to see the same documentation of her acceptance into age. I want to know what she looked like, her thoughts, and the many different things that pushed her towards acceptance. I’m curious as to if Martha foresaw the possible concentration in her videos content or realized it much further down the road. I would like to see the gap of time between the two ages depicted filled with content.
On the other hand, we all saw humor in her work, and perhaps that’s where she finds acceptance of being, “Her own worse nightmare.” I just want to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment